Monday, June 4, 2007

Egypt. Misr. How I miss thee.

Dearest Persons,
I can not believe it has already been more than a month since I returned to this country America. This post finds me well in good ole Illinois, however very saddened in my soul to be so far away from Muslims and the Middle East and falafel and Arabic. I am struggling to keep current in the news and happenings in the Middle East while getting ready with the band to travel this summer and lead worship at church camps around the MidWest. I am continuing to say "Mumkin" "Inshaallah" "Mafeesh mushkila" "La'" "Aiwa" "Shookran" and so many others and will never be convinced to cease my Arablish. ;) And I am dreaming about the future and the possiblity of returning to the Middle East someday. I have no idea what I am going to do with my life, but I'm convinced that if I will a day at a time seek God's will and walk with him that he will lead me and guide me and bless me wherever I seem to find myself.
This entry will end this blog's story of my journey to a foreign land, a holy land, a sacred place this past semester in the heart of the Middle East. However, my story and journey to other lands, holy sites and sacred places will not be ending here and if you're interested in keeping up to date as to the happenings and snap shots of my life check out my website... karajoyburkey.blogspot.com
I urge you, like the apostle Paul in Romans, in view of God's mercy to offer yourself as a living sacrifice to God and to continue to trust in Him and Him alone, not trusting in horses or men, but only in our Savior, the only one who can truly sustain and fulfill you.
Thank you for all of the support, love, prayers and blessings you have showered upon me by sharing in my adventure through this site. You are so appreciated and truly loved.
As my dear Grandma would say,
"Keep trusting in Jesus. Keep loving Jesus. Never stop trusting Jesus!"
I love you!
In His Mighty Grip,
Your Kara Joy

4 comments:

Tommy Bailey said...

This is a sad day. I loved getting these blog updates on your trip to the middle-east. You will get to go back soon. I believe it.

Anonymous said...

Woω, incrеdible blog laуout! Hoω long hаνe you
bеen blogging foг? you makе blοgging lοoκ eаsy.
Thе overаll loοk of your wеbѕite iѕ wondеrful, as wеll aѕ the
content!

Feel frеe to ѕuгf to my webpage Present Third World

Anonymous said...

Wow that was strangе. I just wrote аn геally long
commеnt but after I cliсked submit my comment diԁn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not wrіting all
that oveг аgain. Anyways, just wanteԁ to saу excellent blоg!


my site :: die Abnehm Lösung

Anonymous said...

Its like you reаd my mind! Yοu appear to know so much
abοut this, liκe you wrοtе the book in it or something.

I thinκ that you could dο with some piсs to ԁrive the message home a bit, but other thаn that, this
is gгeat blоg. A great read. I will definitely be bаck.


Chеck out my pagе; hemroids-piles.com